Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Last Minute Halloween Treak or Treat Bags

I decided at the last minute on Saturday that my kids needed home-made trick or treat bags. Needed. So bought my very first Halloween fabric, and worked late into the night.
 
I used this tutorial as my inspiration and added a few inches to both sides to make them a bit bigger. I want these bags to last a few years. I also referred to this tutorial for basic bag making instructions. I used some images from Clip-Art for my applique templates.

A pumpkin for my son:
 And a bat for my daughter:
These were so quick and easy and I was so happy that my kids didn't have to use pillowcases for trick or treating. Now I just have to start making home-made costumes!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Cute bags for cute kids! I decided my daughter needed a homemade treat bag as well and came up with something very similar to yours, except it was pink to match her Piglet costume.

Poppyprint said...

Your kids are adorable! I do miss those cute little costume days. Nice job on the treat bags!