Friday, November 26, 2010

A few handmade gifts....

My mom was here last week and it gave me a chance to make a couple of handmade gifts while she played with the kids. (Thank you, Mom!)


I found this great tutorial through flickr and I made two cute box tote bags. The first one is for my cousin's birthday. She loves green so I chose a sweet Nicey Jane print. The tote is fully lined (I used a Kaffe Fassed Aboriginal Dot) and it is a perfect size for pencils, bath stuff, etc.


The second is for one of my dearest friends. She is a vet and an equestrian so I dived into my HR stash for her little bag. It is lined with a cute Michael Miller flower/paisley print. I filled it with some lovelies from the Body Shop and mailed it a full 2 weeks before her birthday. That in itself is a miracle...I am always late with birthday presents. Especially homemade ones.


And finally, my mom arrived at my house with her knitting in a plastic bag. I couldn't let that stand. She asked for aqua and red and I threw in a whole bunch of pink (because I seem to have a bunch of pink scraps) and made a quick drawstring bag. (I used the principles from this tutorial and just made the bag with scraps and a bit bigger).

Side 1:

Side 2:

I've also finished up my pillow for the Pillow Talk Swap but the pictures I took this afternoon are horrible. (Singing, "All I want for Christmas is a fancy camera....") I'll try to get some new photos tomorrow with better light and I'll show them to you asap.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Very cute! I love your mom's bag!

beth said...

Those are great gifts!!! Love the fabrics you used on all of them!

Peggy said...

What great gifts - and thanks for the link to the tutorials! Blessings, Peg

Amy said...

lovely bags,I'm sure the recipients will love them.thank you for sharing,Amy

Poppyprint said...

Great post! Thanks for links, those box totes are the bees knees. I bet your mom's knitting is very happy now in that sweet bag.

Nanette Merrill said...

so darling and so inspiring!

Diane said...

Cute bax bags and great knitting bag! Bet you mom is pleased with it!